Tuesday 2 July 2013

HE CHOSE THE ROAD - THE SWANSONG ALBUM FROM DAVID SANDS AKA DOGMAN



‘He chose the road’, Dogman unplugged and remixed 
-      is to be the final Dogman album.


The CD was released in the June 2013 sunshine as a very limited edition Digipak. This is now available directly (or at gigs) from David Sands and the downloadable mp3 tracks or the full album are now available to download on CD Baby, I-Tunes and Amazon. ORDER YOUR COPY NOW

Those who care and fellow musicians are asking, "Why the last Dogman album?" 

The truth is David Sands aka Dogman has recorded as much original music as possible with the time, funding and equipment at his disposal. 

"There is only so far I can go - I don't want to live in van, driving from small venue to small venue; no ace musicians like Fleet Foxes, Midlake or Ryan Adams have asked me to support them on tour and the music scene today is for the young and beautiful and I am neither of those things!"

DOGMAN - PICTURED HERE BY I-PHONE GIRL - WAS RAISED BY THE WOLVES OF WINTER HILL




"I shall play the occasional music venue like Heebie Jeebies, Leaf and Camp and Furnace  in Liverpool because my son, Johnny Sands (who is young and beautiful) runs music sessions in them. When asked, I will play at local pubs for musician mates but unless Neil Young gets involved  I have done my bit, written and recorded some decent songs that people enjoy, over my three Dogman albums."  

DOGMAN AND JOHNNY SANDS EXCHANGE CONVERSATION AT LIVERPOOL'S HEEBIE JEEBIES DURING A LIVE SESSION IN THE COURTYARD




He chose the road is an album of fresh and original acoustic music with a slight twist, Dogman has received praise from all corners of the world. Imagine if Neil Young and Mark Hollis got together with Paul Buchannan and did a low-fi demo album. 









DOGMAN IN FULL SONG - LIVE IN THE COURTYARD OF HEEBIE JEEBIES - SINGING OLD MAN BY NEIL YOUNG



"it all sounds good - some cool sounds and arrangements. It’s a pretty good album".
Phill Brown (with a lifetime recording, mastering and co-producing major artists from The Rolling Stones, Harry Nilsson, Bob Marley, Stevie Winwood, Jeff Beck, John Martyn, Robert Plant, Talk Talk, Mark Hollis and right up to today with Bombay Bicycle Club)   
"I love you man!" Ryan Adams (check out the recording from Bridgewater Hall, Manchester)
"All you have to do is listen to it" Mark Hollis "Very Talented! "Tom Robinson, BBC6 Music
"Take that Fork in the road" Neil Young and "Tinsel Town is in the rain" The Blue Nile

No comments:

Post a Comment